What is your opportunity?
SpineFrontier is positioned to radically change spine surgery and healthcare delivery as we see it today. We are looking for the best people committed to making this a true success story and share in the upside potential; what we aren't looking for is someone to just do a job.
We design, develop and market implants and instruments that enable surgeons to perform spine surgery in an outpatient setting. SpineFrontier's innovative disruptive technologies and techniques apply the Less Exposure Surgery (LES) philosophy to make effective surgeries safer for the patient and easier for the surgeon. In a nutshell - we make stuff that makes people's lives better, period!
The environment is relaxed and fun, but we move at a fast pace. The culture is interactive with company basketball teams, group 5k races, summer barbeques, and company outings. The free fitness center in the building will keep your energy up and ready for travel up to 15%. We expect you to take ownership of your role and approach it with a sense of urgency each and every day!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
So you want to be our new Mechanical Engineer?
- Interface with surgeons, industrial designers and marketing personnel to process customer requirements
- Generate concepts and mechanical designs for precision spine implants and optimal surgical instrumentation
- Define Customer Requirements, Design Inputs and Risk Analysis
- Detailed engineering, analysis and manufacturing drawings to realize the design
- Interface with vendors for rapid prototyping, manufacturing and testing
- Ensure product safety and efficacy through verification and validation
- Support surgeons in the field on the use of our products
- What would we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Mechanical Technology or Biomedical Engineering
- 2-5 years of product development experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities (milling, turning, EDM) along with relative material choice (Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Titanium, PEEK, Radel)
- Proficient with SolidWorks 3D models and drawings
- Drafting knowledge per ASME/ANSI Y14.5M, GD&T preferred
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation or other FEA software
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques (SLA, DMLS) preferred
- Medical device and orthopedic experience preferred
- Self-motivated with effective communication skills
- So are you ready to present yourself to us?
If so then send your resume along with your best pitch to us explaining how you are going to help us grow. Please forward to Mycareer@spinefrontier.com and be sure to visit our website at www.spinefrontier.com. We are excited to hear from you, seriously!
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel up to 15%
Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
We offer tremendous room for advancement and income potential. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence. This position is being sought after for immediate hire. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit your resume and cover letter to.Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com